How can Flatwoods Management best serve you?
If you have a tract of timber or farmland and want to maximize income and improve your property for timber, wildlife, or other agricultural potential, we can Help. We specialize in helping landowners reach their goals for their property by managing all types of agricultural practices.
About the owner of Flatwoods Management LLC
Doug looks forward to hearing from you and assisting you in building a more profitable and enjoyable forest ownership program.
- Over 50 year of agriculture management experience
- Certified prescribed burn manager
- Past Chairman Duval country Soil and Water Conservation Board
- Over 20 years director for Farm Credit of Florida Bank
- Own and manage 2400 acres of wildlife and timber in Baker County Florida
- Lease and manage 5000 acre hunting lease
Service and Assistance Provided
- Greenbelt qualification
- Timber and wildlife management plans
- Timber harvest and reforestation management
- Land conservation program assistance (Florida Forest Service, Farm Service Agency, US Department of Agriculture, and others)
- Forest security and road maintenance
- Prescribed burning
- Zoning and land use issues and opportunities
- Hunt Club memberships
Active in many organizations
- 2018 Florida Tree Farmer of the Year
- 2004 Florida Wildlife Federation Outdoorsman of the Year
- Member NWTF / Active in youth and management programs
- Florida Wildlife Commission Youth Hunt-master
- Florida Forestry Association
- Serve on advisory committees for FWC, Florida Forestry Assoc., and Farm Bureau
- Active advisor to UF Extension program
- Director and V.P. of Baker County Farm Bureau
- President South Prong Hunt Club
- Director North Florida Prescribed Burn Assoc.